Sam's Blog

My name is Sam. I am a Christian who tries to study the Bible every day. I will use this blog to record thoughts or insight I get concerning the passages I am studying.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Matthew 7:24-27

24 “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock. 26 “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: 27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”

How do we know if our spiritual house is built upon rock or sand? Before the storm, the house that was built upon the sand could have been well maintained, clean and attractive. It's possible that it was even nicer than the other house. We will not know for sure what our house is built upon until the rain descends, the floods come and the winds beat and blow. If we are still standing after that, we know we are built on the rock of Jesus Christ. Before the storm we are left to wonder, with no confidence in our faith. After the storm we are ready for anything, knowing that our foundation is solid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home