Sam's Blog

My name is Sam. I am a Christian who tries to study the Bible every day. I will use this blog to record thoughts or insight I get concerning the passages I am studying.

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Romans 6:6 Part 2

6For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with,[a] that we should no longer be slaves to sin— 7because anyone who has died has been freed from sin.

In the workplace, it seems like you hear all the time,"But you don't work for him." Or "Who does he think he is? He isn't even my boss!" These thoughts are universal, we all know it is inappopriate for someone who has no authority over us to act as if they do. It also galls us when someone acts as if they are in charge of something that we have been appointed to do.

But for some reason, when sin invokes authority that it no longer has, we tend to let it off the hook. When our fears begin to control us, or when pride drives us to do something we know is selfish or anger makes us speak out of turn, we aren't really as appalled in the same way as in the workplace example above. But it seems like we should be, since these sins have no authority over us anymore once we are in Christ.

Who (or what) do they think they are? We need not be tricked or intimidated anymore, into thinking these things have authority when it comes to our thoughts, words or actions. Because of our new Boss, we can now put them in their place, at the bottom of the org chart.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea and insights Sam. I will try to reply as often as I can. Thanks for doing this.

Kevin

Mon Oct 08, 08:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home