Sam's Blog

My name is Sam. I am a Christian who tries to study the Bible every day. I will use this blog to record thoughts or insight I get concerning the passages I am studying.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Luke 15:21-24

21 And the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight, and am no longer worthy to be called your son.’ 22 “But the father said to his servants, ‘Bring[b] out the best robe and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand and sandals on his feet. 23 And bring the fatted calf here and kill it, and let us eat and be merry; 24 for this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ And they began to be merry.

It is often true that when we feel like we are at our absolute worst, we are actually at our absolute best. The younger son was like this. In his mind he was reduced to nothing, a laughingstock, with nothing redeemable left in him. He wasn't sure if he could, but he just wanted to go home and be with his daddy, in whatever capacity would be allowed. But the father in the story saw things just the opposite. While the son said, "I am no longer worthy to be called your son", the father said "You are finally worthy to be called my son."

So if you are at low point right now, be encouraged, because, like the boy in the story, you may just be in the best shape of your life.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the whole passage, makes it easier to read. Keep up the inspiring comments.

Tue Oct 16, 03:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a really cool way of looking at that story. Love ya, Joani

Tue Oct 16, 07:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home