Sam's Blog

My name is Sam. I am a Christian who tries to study the Bible every day. I will use this blog to record thoughts or insight I get concerning the passages I am studying.

Monday, January 28, 2008

Proverbs 10:29; Proverbs 18:10

29 The way of the LORD is a refuge for the righteous,
but it is the ruin of those who do evil.

10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower;
the righteous run to it and are safe.


And the logical deduction from Proverbs 18:10 is that those who do evil run from the name of Lord and are not safe. Those who trust in the Lord never have valid reason to feel threatened, unsafe or in danger. Those who do not trust in Him never have valid reason to feel safe or secure. If you are at one or the other extreme with respect to your feelings about your own personal security today, pause and think about what is causing you to feel that way. You may be feeling secure, but for the wrong reasons. If so, your feelings of security may be short lived. Or you may be feeling scared for the wrong reasons. If you are a Christian and have made the Lord your strong tower, these feelings of insecurity will be short lived also. But no matter what your current condition, the conclusion is the same: trust in Him and He will take care of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home