Sam's Blog

My name is Sam. I am a Christian who tries to study the Bible every day. I will use this blog to record thoughts or insight I get concerning the passages I am studying.

Monday, March 10, 2008

2 Corinthians 5:17

2 Corinthians 5:17
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

To the extent to which we are in Christ, all things have become new. But we have a constant choice to be in Christ or to sin. It as if we have been given a brand new car, right off the lot, delivered to our driveway each day. We also have our old car in the driveway, the one with faded paint, french fries and cheerios under the seat, bald tires and worn-out upholstery. Each day, actually each moment, we have a choice which car we want to drive. For some reason, the old car still looks apealing to us. It is what we know. When people see us in the old car they don't expect much. We can get it dirty and it won't matter. There is also a polished used car salesman, called Satan, who is somehow able to convince us in different ways at different times that the old car is better than the brand new one. But every time we get in the new car we realize how nice it really is, and how foolish we have been to ever have driven the old car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home