Sam's Blog

My name is Sam. I am a Christian who tries to study the Bible every day. I will use this blog to record thoughts or insight I get concerning the passages I am studying.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Proverbs 19:13

13 A foolish son is his father's ruin,
and a quarrelsome wife is like a constant dripping.

This verse may seem humurous or even offensive to some people, but I don't think it was meant to be either. I believe this verse is directed exclusively to the men. I take the advice to be that we should not let our lack of love, poor character, lack of interest, bad leadership, failure to participate or any other bad habit cause these situations to be brought on in our families-- and they can easily do it. These kind of problems in our relationships, are unbearable, so we must prevent them before they happen, at all costs. Trying to "lay down the law" after we have brought these problems upon ourselves is like trying to put out fire with gasoline. This kind of response is a futile attempt to solve the problem without correcting the habits within ourselves that likely were the cause of the problem to begin with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home